Saturday, September 22, 2012

Recording your own music AT HOME pt. 1/3

Recording your own music AT HOME pt. 1/3 Tube. Duration : 11.37 Mins.


Part 1/3 on recording your own music. The minimal hardware needed! I wanted to take the time to share with YT how I record my music. Its certainly not the most expensive, or what some deem 'professional'. Some of the equipment I use is old, probably discontinued, and you are bound to find cheaper purchases with the same, if not better level of sound quality and performance. I tried to keep it as simple as I could, I don' t think anyone is retarded, but the reason why everything was explained in so much detail was to allow those who have never recorded before to come to a knowledge of how to record with minimal equipment, and barely any tech talk :) Here is a run down and links of similar (if not the original) products I use. SHURE DYNAMIC MICROPHONE SM48- £28.84 : www.amazon.co.uk TIGER BLACK ROUND BASE MIC STAND - £14.98 : www.amazon.co.uk Mic Stand with boom arm I mentioned: www.amazon.co.uk Numark DM950 DISCONTINUED and replaced with a USB model - £87.99 www.amazon.co.uk OR as part of a 'DJ in a Box' Kit - £103.99 www.amazon.co.uk LEADS/CABLES On www.cabling4less.co.uk Female XLR to 6.35mm Stereo jack 1.5m - £3.75 3.5mm Headphone to 3.5mm Headphone 1.2m - £2.82 Phono/Auxiliary (red+white, but also red and black) to phono/auxiliary 3m - £3.53 Phono/auxiliary female to male 3.5mm headphone jack 1.5m - £3.29 AMAZON 3.5mm coupler (female 2 female) - £1.45 : www.amazon.co.uk Sennheiser HD205's - £31.00 : www.amazon.co.uk Thanks for watching :) SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com ...

No comments:

Post a Comment