Thursday, November 8, 2012

Colt Driveshaft Install Part 1

Colt Driveshaft Install Part 1 Video Clips. Duration : 13.02 Mins.


There's information in the description if you feel lost. Audio loops provided with ownership rights by RojoDelChocolate. What you're witnessing here is the process of installing a driveshaft into a car that didn't previously have one. The Colt's transmission tunnel modification in the previous video was a pre-requisite elective procedure I performed that could really make this video a part 2 except that it isn't mandatory for installing a driveshaft. It just seems to fit better in my opinion. I felt it would make installing a large exhaust easier than if I hadn't done it, I want it to be easily serviceable, and I'm building this car as if my life depends on it because it does. I had to extend the tunnel under the car because there was nothing to weld the carrier bearing mount to. It lined up directly in the center of the rear seat seam. Once positioned correctly, I welded it securely in place where it will stay. I'm not finished making it water-tight or pretty, that will likely be in part 2. I mentioned I was trying to get all these parts in place to measure how much I would cut from the driveshaft while having it shortened. That takes us to the front carrier bearing mount. That thing didn't want to fit up in the tunnel at all. Totally different shape. I ended up cutting off the majority of its sides to get 2 flat(-ish) surfaces, and fabricated a couple of pieces that DID fit the tunnel so I could weld it all in place. Those are the pieces I drop on the ground at the end ...

No comments:

Post a Comment